Energy Arts Qigong
A unique exercise system
Increase your energy flow by deepening your somatic awareness and releasing blockages. The Qigong exercises of the Energy Arts system are designed to improve your ability to feel and move energy inside your body.
Energy, or chi, moves through a network of channels, connective tissue (fascia, ligaments etc), the nervous system, breath and fluids. Each set of Qigong works different aspects of energy development so you have a clear roadmap to improved internal health.
The Qigong exercises we offer help to:
- Release stress and stagnant energy
- Improve and maintain a healthy spine
- Increase fluid circulation through your body
- Strengthen the elasticity of your joints
Opening The Energy Gates Of Your Body
A great introduction to energy (chi) practices and discovering internal connections, the techniques in this Qigong teach you the correct foundations for efficient energy flow and preventing injuries. Opening the Energy Gates of Your Body Qigong also begins the study of the energy points, which by location correspond to the many organs and glands as well as the nadis and chakras familiar in yoga.
Suitable for beginners and those with prior experience, we cover:
- Standing Dissolving – to physically release stress, tension and stagnant chi held in your body and its energy gates.
- Cloud Hands – to introduce all of the movement principles found in Tai Chi and begin the development of different energy currents in your body.
- Spinal Stretch – to maintain the health of your spine, central nervous system and brain functions.
Gods Playing In The Clouds Qigong
This advanced set of Qigong integrates and amplifies all the physical and energetic components learned in other Energy Arts Qigong exercises. Like the others, it is good for joint health, fluid circulation and relaxing the nervous system, but it also unblocks and balances your energy channels much stronger than the other exercises.
An ancient rejuvenation practice, Gods Playing in the Clouds Qigong can also help:
- Strengthen your bones.
- Release negative emotions.
- Clear the energy of the brain.
- Balance your energy centres.
Marriage of Heaven & Earth
Commonly used in China to relieve structural issues of the back, neck and joints, Marriage of Heaven and Earth Qigong is known to strengthen, heal and increase the elasticity of the joints in the body. This easy to do Qigong exercise teaches how to move chi through the meridians, joints, muscles and fascia most efficiently. You also learn to feel and flow with the rising and sinking movements of chi. Later on you learn pulsing – how to open and close joints and cavities without the use of muscular tension, which is one of the main components of Taoist Nei Gong (internal cultivation).
The internal aspects of Heaven and Earth Qigong include:
- Lengthening the muscles, tendons and ligaments of the body internally.
- Opening and closing all the joints and body cavities without muscle tension.
- The Microcosmic and Macrocosmic circulations of energy in the body.
The simplicity of this Qigong exercise enables you to learn various aspects of internal energy work in a relatively short period of time. The rhythmic cultivation of these body connections relaxes your nervous system and improves the functioning of your fluids in particular.
Easy to learn, practice and develop, Circling Hands affects your:
- Blood flow to nourish the organs and circulation in your body
- Lymphatic fluids to release toxins and strengthen the immune system
- Synovial fluids to prevent the weakening of joints and alleviate joint pains
- Cerebrospinal fluid to improve the nerve flow between your body & brain
“Thanks once again for great exercises! Loved especially the new ones, standing & spine stretches. (The spine twist actually helped to release some neck / jaw tension, which was a nice surprise!) So these really work for me.”
– Asahi Riikka, Finland
© Tai Chi Forest 2023